The Morning Show team have been keeping us all entertained recently, with a crafts and activities feature at 10 AM each day.
We will keep this page updated with links and pics of what the team have been up to and if you would like to send us pictures of any of your finished articles then we would love to see them.
You can message The Morning Show page or the main Castledown FM page or if you would prefer you could send the pictures via email to email@example.com.
Here are some of the activities from the last few weeks;
Rock cakes (vegan) with Donna
Activities to keep the kids busy with Barry
Loo Roll Bird Feeder with Donna B - you will find the details on how to make this, and other crafts, at The Woodland Trust website which you can visit here.
Blow Worms with Barry
Cake baking with Barry
Easter Bunny's with Chantal
Loo Roll Binoculors with Chantal - see below for method
What you'll need:
- 2 toilet paper rolls
- Construction paper
- Scotch tape
- Stickers, crayons, etc.
- **Optional - string
How to make your Binoculars Craft
- Cut a piece of construction paper so that it will wrap completely around one of the toilet paper rolls. Tape the construction paper in place and then repeat this process with the other roll.
- Roll a piece of scotch tape into a donut and stick the two toilet paper rolls together.
- Cut a piece of construction paper that is long enough to wrap around the two toilet paper rolls. This piece is what will actually hold them together. Tightly wrap the piece of construction paper around rolls and tape the ends together. Add a few more tape donuts underneath this piece to have it stick even better.
- Use stickers or crayons to decorate the binoculars.
- **Optional: have an adult use the scissors to poke a hole on either side of the finished binoculars (make the holes down towards one end). Thread and knot the string through the holes to create a "strap" for the binoculars. This step should only be taken for older children. Please do not use this step if this craft is intended to be played with by a younger child.
Castledown FM will also be having a regular, Storytime feature with our very own Sue Vallis who has written a number of children's stories:
The Pond, which you can listen to here.
Here is Harry To The Rescue, which you can listen to here.
The third story Sue has written, Gnome Sweet Gnome, can be listened to here.